|Courtesy of Google|
Hi everyone! Tonight we had three-flavored fish as our main dishes for dinner. Sorry because I didn't managed to take photos of our own three-flavored fish. The delicious-ness, nice aroma of the fish made me so hungry until I forgot to snap picture,sorry guys! Here's the recipe, you must try it, no regrets!
- 1/4 cup tamarind pulp
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro root (chopped, scraped)
- 2 pinches coarse salt
- 3 fresh long red chillies ( coarsely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons shallot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 red snapper
- Place tamarind in a small bowl. Add the water. Let stand for 10 minutes. Knead tamarind in water to soften. Pass through a small sieve, discarding solids. Measure 1/4 cup liquid, set aside.
- Add to a mortar, one at a time, the cilantro root, salt, chopped fresh chilies, garlic, shallots, pounding each ingredients with a pestle until smooth before adding the next ingredient.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the cilantro paste mixture, and fry until fragrant. Stir in palm sugar and remaining 1/4 cup water, simmer until thick. Add reserved tamarind water and 1/4 cup fish sauce. and continue to simmer until reduced and slightly thickened. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Place the red snipper in a large work with medium-high heat oil. Fry until crisp. Transfer to a serving platter. Coat the red snipper with the sauce. Serve immediately.
That's all guys. Good luck!