Wow! Today we had a cold weather. So, we like to have a warm, soupy food for our dinner. Then, I decided to make curry chicken noodle for our dinner. So, I used this recipe. I'm glad that they like my curry chicken noodle, yeay!
|Nyummm Nyumm ~~|
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dark red chili paste
- 3/4 pound chicken thigh or breast meat (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 12 fish balls
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar, more to taste
- About 12 kaffir lime leaves or curry leaves
- 2 packets of noodles
- Salt to taste
- Kale for dressing
- Quartered limes for serving
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion and ginger and cook, stirring, until soften. Do not brown, reduce heat if necessary. Add garlic and chili paste and stir until fragrant. Raise heat, add chicken and stir-fry one minute. Add curry powder and stir to coat. Then add coconut milk, chicken stock, sugar and curry leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling water according to package directions (about 4 minutes). Rinse and drain.
- Taste broth and adjust seasonings with salt and sugar. Divide noodles into large soup bowls. Bring broth to a boil, then ladle over noodles and put kale on top of it.
Good day everyone!