Friday, December 24, 2010

Kuih Bakar

Assalamualaikum


Good afternoon everyone! My morning today was so cold as in Terengganu we have monsoon season. It has been raining since 2 days ago, its enough to make me have a fever =.= I feel like to bake something that can make us feel warm in this cold weather. So, I decided today, I made Kuih Bakar, our malay traditional dessert. I cook special for my lovely family. This special kuih bakar recipe is from my mum. Enjoy!






  • 7 eggs ( grade B)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups coconut milk (heat until simmering then chill for awhile) 
  • 1 cup pandan juice
  • 2 1/2 cups plain flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoon Ghee
  • sesame (for dressing)
1.     Preheat the oven 180 degree C.
2.     Put the pan with the Ghee in it into the oven.
3.     Mix the eggs with sugar.
4.     Add coconut milk and pandan juice into the mixture. Stir well.
5.     Add flour and salt into the mixture. Mix well.
6.     Pour into the pan and put the sesame on top of the mixture for dressing.
7.  Bake for 45 minutes.

Tadaaa...! 

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment