Sunday, December 26, 2010

Squid Sambal

Assalamualaikum



Hi everyone! I know right now most of Malaysians are watching football. Yeah, me too. I just want to reduce my nervous so that I update my blog right now, hehehe... So, we had a simple dinner tonight, which is squid sambal as known as sambal sotong. Its so delicious either you eat with white rice or nasi lemak. So, here's the recipe!
  • 200-300g fresh squid
  • 3 cloves shallot (blended)
  • 1 clove garlic (blended)
  • 1/2 inch ginger (blended)
  • 7 dried chilies (blended)
  • 1 teaspoon prawn paste
  • Tamarind juice
  • Salt and sugar to taste
  1. Heat oil in a frying pan and saute the blended ingredients until the paste separated from oil.
  2. Add prawn paste.
  3. Add in squid and stir well until cook.
  4. Add tamarind juice, sugar and salt to taste.
  5. Let it simmer on low heat until the sambal thicken.
Tadaaaaa..!


Hope Malaysia Team wins!


No comments:

Post a Comment