Hi everyone! I know right now most of Malaysians are watching football. Yeah, me too. I just want to reduce my nervous so that I update my blog right now, hehehe... So, we had a simple dinner tonight, which is squid sambal as known as sambal sotong. Its so delicious either you eat with white rice or nasi lemak. So, here's the recipe!
- 200-300g fresh squid
- 3 cloves shallot (blended)
- 1 clove garlic (blended)
- 1/2 inch ginger (blended)
- 7 dried chilies (blended)
- 1 teaspoon prawn paste
- Tamarind juice
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute the blended ingredients until the paste separated from oil.
- Add prawn paste.
- Add in squid and stir well until cook.
- Add tamarind juice, sugar and salt to taste.
- Let it simmer on low heat until the sambal thicken.
Hope Malaysia Team wins!