Monday, December 27, 2010

Chocolate Moist Cake

Assalamualaikum



Hi again! For the past few days, I've been craving for chocolate. I ate everything that have chocolate flavor. So, today I decided to bake chocolate cake. Actually I was thinking to make chocolate lava @ chocolate volcano. Have you heard or try this kind of cake? So delicious, so marvelous, the gooey inside of the cake make me  ahhhh yummyy yummyyy~~ That gooey thing makes me want to bake it. But, when I googled, I have to use ramekins to bake it. Actually, I still can use muffin tins, but I just want to have the perfect gooey chocolate lava. So, I hold on then I made decision to bake chocolate moist cake. So, here's the recipe!



For  cake:
  • 2 cups plain flour (sifted) 
  • 2 cups caster sugar 
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder (sifted)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon soda bicarbonate (sifted)
  • 1 cup corn oil
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 3 eggs ( grade B)
  • 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • A pinch of salt
  1. Beat the eggs and caster sugar. 
  2. Add in the butter and salt.
  3. Add in the sifted ingredients, corn oil, evaporated milk and boiling water alternately. Mix the ingredients well.
  4. Grease the round cake pan with butter then pour the mixture into the pan.
  5. Bake it with 180 degree C for 45 minutes.
  6. Allow to cool before you put the topping.
For topping:
  • 1 bar of cooking chocolate
  • 1 small box of whipping cream
  • 1 tablespoon of corn oil
  1. With double boiling, melt the chocolate.
  2. Add the whipping cream and corn oil.
  3. Pour on the completely cool cake and smooth using spatula.


Enjoy your day!




No comments:

Post a Comment